Aim Exercise Physiology’s ‘Osteoporosis + Healthy Bones’ program provides support and advice for people seeking professional assistance with osteoporosis management and the maintenance of bone health at all stages of life. Diet and exercise, two modifiable osteoporosis risk factors, plays an important role in the acquisition and maintenance of bone mass. A fully integrated Exercise Physiology, Physiotherapy + Dietetics service is delivered to provide optimal results, service excellence and to foster healthy lifestyle choices. Suitable activity or exercise, positive exercise experiences, adequate diet and implementation of personalised plans helps to ensure success with goal attainment and quality of life.
- Obtain medical history and understanding of past and present physical activity participation.
- Obtain functional outcome measures for falls prevention to identify strengths, weaknesses & progress.
- Interpret functional fitness levels (normative data) to clarify your needs for mobility & falls prevention.
- Design and implementation of tailored studio exercise and home-based activity / exercise schedule
- Set up physical activity monitoring.
Plan suitable schedule for further 1:1 consultations, group exercise classes and progress reviews
Initial 40 minute consultation and follow up 30 minute consultation with the therapist who will:
- Review medical history, current/past exercise and activity.
- Clinical assessment of relevant movement, functional abilities and falls risk.
- Identify requirements relating to pain or limitations that may impact exercise performance or progress
- Work with you, your GP & EP to implement a tailored plan for improved bone health & reduced falls risk
Initial 50 minute consultation and follow up 30 minute consultation with the Dietitian (if required) who will:
- Review medical history, current/past eating habits, food choices, 3-day food diary & cooking practices
- Work with you to provide personalised recommendations and strategies to improve your food choices
Ensure daily energy intake & food choices are appropriate to enjoy improved bone health
After the Initial assessments, there may be a need or want for further individual sessions with either the EP or PT. Complex medical history, poor motivation levels, slow progress and adherence, low confidence in exercise, poor exercise technique and control, deconditioning and self-consciousness could be reasons you may feel that further 1:1 exercise sessions or private consultations are needed, until you are ready to attend group sessions.
- Groups exercise sessions run by EPs + PTs offer more exercise + equipment access at lower cost.
- 2-7 clients per class ensures close supervision for safety, good technique and progression.
- Each participant has an individual program tailored to specific health and wellbeing goals.
- A relaxed exercise environment where individuals can work at their own pace.
EP visit 1: 60 minutes – $130 EP visit 2: 30 minutes – $70
Physio visit 1: 40 minutes – $79.50 Physio visit 2: 20 minutes – $70
Dietitian visit 1: 60 minutes – $130
*Follow-up consultation: (subsequent or review consult if required) EP, PT or Dietician: 30 minutes – $70
Follow-up consult includes review of outcome measures, goals, experience, progression and upgrading
Group exercise: $21/ session; Concession $19; PHI rebates apply*; Package & Membership discounts avail.**
*Please note that most private health funds cover Exercise Physiology & Dietitian services – check with your fund for the specifics of your policy & the rebate you are entitled to. All of our clinics / exercise studios have a HICAPS machine for on the spot rebate claiming.
No Doctor’s referral is required for private patients. A Doctor’s referral is required for eligible services under Medicare’s EPC or Diabetes care plan, Dept. of Vet Affiars (DVA) or RTW-SA.