Aim Exercise Physiology’s ‘Weight management program’ provides support and advice for people seeking professional assistance with weight management or weight loss. A fully integrated Exercise Physiology and Dietetics service is provided to foster a healthier lifestyle. Suitable activity or dietery modifications, positive exercise experiences and implementation of personalised plans helps to ensure long term success with goal attainment and improved quality of life.
- Obtain medical history and understanding of past and present physical activity participation.
- Obtain functional fitness / health outcome measures relevant to diabetes management for determination of functional strengths and weaknesses and future comparison.
- Interpret functional fitness levels (normative data) to improve your understanding about the role of exercise in diabetes management.
- Design and implementation of tailored studio exercise and home-based activity / exercise schedule
- Set up physical activity monitoring.
- Plan suitable schedule for further 1:1 consultations, group exercise classes and reviews.
- [optional] DEXA body composition analysis – speak to our team to confirm cost].
Initial 50 minute consultation and follow up 30 minute consultation with the Dietitian who will:
- Review medical history, current/past eating habits, food choices, 3-day food diary & cooking practices
- Work with you to provide personalised recommendations and strategies to improve your food choices
- Ensure daily energy intake & food choices are appropriate to enjoy improved diabetes management.
After the Initial assessments, there may be a need or want for further individual sessions with either the Exercise Physiologist or Dietician. Factors such as complex medical history, poor motivation levels, slow progress and adherence, low confidence in exercise, poor exercise technique and control, deconditioning and self-consciousness could be reasons you may feel that further one-on-one exercise sessions or private consultations are needed, until you are ready to attend group sessions.
- Groups exercise sessions are run by our Accredited Exercise Physiologists and offer more exercise time at a lower cost than one-on-one exercise sessions or private consultations.
- 2-7 clients per class ensures close supervision for safety, good technique and progression.
- Each participant has an individual program tailored to specific health and wellbeing goals.
- A relaxed exercise environment where individuals can work at their own pace.
- Follow-up consult includes review of outcome measures, goals, experience, progression and upgrading.
Initial Assessment: EP visit 1: 60 minutes – $130 EP visit 2: 30 minutes – $70
Dietitian visit 1: 60 minutes – $130 Dietitian visit 2: 30 minutes – $70
Follow-up consultation: (subsequent or review consult if required) EP or Dietitian: 30 minutes – $70
Group exercise: $21/ session; Concession $19; PHI rebates apply*; Package & Membership discounts avail.**
++ Medicare’s EPC plan, Diabetes care plan & Dept. of Vet Affiars (DVA) funding / rebates apply.
*Please note that most private health funds cover Exercise Physiology & Dietitian services – check with your fund for the specifics of your policy & the rebate you are entitled to. All of our clinics / exercise studios have a HICAPS machine for on the spot rebate claiming.
No Doctor’s referral is required for private patients. A Doctor’s referral is required for eligible services under Medicare’s EPC or Diabetes care plan, Dept. of Vet Affiars (DVA) or RTW-SA.