Pilates is a form of low impact exercise that works on strengthening the body through the core muscles.
Pilates can have a wide range of benefits, such as:
- Easing pain and discomfort
- Increasing flexibility
- Increased muscle strength and tone through our core muscles (lower back, hips and buttocks!)
- Improved stabilisation of your spine and improved posture
- Rehabilitation and / or prevention of injuries related to muscle imbalances
- Improved coordination, balance and self-awareness
- Stress management and relaxation
At Eastside, we are able to modify exercises to ensure that they are suitable for you and your body. We will challenge you to reach your goals, in a safe and controlled environment.
To really see and feel the benefits that Pilates can bring you, it’s recommended that you attend 2 – 3 sessions per week. As Joseph Pilates said, ‘You will feel better in ten sessions, look better in twenty sessions, and have a completely new body in thirty sessions.’