“Physical fitness can neither be achieved by wishful thinking nor outright purchase” – Joseph Pilates
Health benefits of Pilates include:
- improved flexibility
- increased muscle strength and tone, particularly of your abdominal muscles, lower back, hips and buttocks (the ‘core muscles’ of your body)
- balanced muscular strength on both sides of your body
- enhanced muscular control of your back and limbs
- improved stabilisation of your spine
- improved posture
- rehabilitation or prevention of injuries related to muscle imbalances
- improved physical coordination and balance
- relaxation of your shoulders, neck and upper back
- safe rehabilitation of joint and spinal injuries
- prevention of musculoskeletal injuries
- increased lung capacity and circulation through deep breathing
- improved concentration
- increased body awareness
- stress management and relaxation.
Pilates is an adaptable method
Exercise modification is the key to Pilates success with a variety of populations. All exercises are developed with modifications that can make a workout safe and challenge a person at any level.
Who Can Benefit From Pilates?
It seems like everyone is either doing Pilates or is interested in starting a Pilates exercise program. Indeed, one of the best things about the Pilates method is that it works so well for a wide range of people. Athletes and dancers love it, as do seniors, women rebounding from pregnancy, and people who at various stages of physical rehabilitation.
A growing number of elite athletes do Pilates as a way of improving coordination, flexibility and technique as well as for prevention and recovery from injuries. Pilates is a safe and effective exercise method that will enable you to look – and feel – your very best.
Increase your fitness at Eastside Pilates under the guidance of our experienced instructors. We provide well-rounded programs that cater to individuals of all fitness levels. Combining affordable prices, high energy classes and personalised attention with small group sizes, we are a great choice for anyone looking to improve their health and wellbeing.
Our studio offers reformer Pilates classes, clinical Pilates classes, mat Pilates, tandem sessions, personal training and private classes.
With our studios located in Toorak Gardens and in the Oakden Medical Centre complex, attending Pilates classes and other fitness sessions has never been easier. Simply take a look at our timetable to find a session that suits you.