Exercise Assessment (Screening)
All of our Physiotherapy Clinical Pilates programs have input from our Accredited Exercise Physiologist. This assessment includes:
- Identification of chronic health conditions that may affect our exercise prescription.
- Baseline health measures (blood pressure, heart rate, activity levels, previous exercise experience).
- Sub-maximal baseline cardiovascular testing to monitor your body’s response to exercise.
- Goal setting and clarification regarding the targets of your exercise program.
- Advice regarding appropriate warm-ups and cool-downs
- Advice regarding appropriate stretching for your particular injury and exercise program
The purpose of this assessment is to:
- Ensure you are safe to exercise and will not be placed at any risk throughout the program.
- Identify flags that we can address prior to beginning the exercise program
- Help you understand the reasoning behind the program and why we need to exercise for rehabilitation
- Ensure you are getting the most complete and holistic program to restore and improve function.
- Identify other components of health and fitness that could be addressed during the program.
- Clarify any questions or concerns you may have about the program.
As you progress through your program, there will be opportunities to have a review with the Exercise Physiologist and Physiotherapist to monitor your improvement and adjust exercises as needed.