What does Onsite Physiotherapy involve?
An onsite or workplace-based physiotherapy service (or occupational health physiotherapy) is a proven strategic approach towards managing and preventing work related injuries. Our workplace based physiotherapists assist in reducing WorkCover claim numbers and claims costs, reducing lost time injuries, improving employee morale and engagement and improving productivity. We will provide you with an occupational health Physiotherapist who will attend your workplace and assess and treat your injured employees. Our team is led by Richard Fuller, a specialist occupational health physiotherapist with 20 years of experience in work health physiotherapy. All of our physiotherapists are trained in evidence-based assessment, diagnosis and treatment of all work related musculoskeletal injuries are available to attend your workplace for one-off assessments or for on-site work for little as 3 hours per week.
The experts in musculoskeletal injuries.
Excellent clinical reasoning ability, refined assessment skills and expert knowledge of physiology, tissue healing and biomechanics enable physiotherapists to provide a broad range of services to assist workers and employers in both injury prevention and injury management. Physiotherapists have extensive knowledge and understanding of the relationship between work history, work practice, work environment, lifestyle and mechanisms of injury and illness, which allows them to assess work capacity and identify suitable duties in all phases of the injury/illness-recovery continuum.” (OHPA, 2012)
Physiotherapists are the experts in assessment, diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries. On onsite Physiotherapist can allow you to reap the benefits of a sports injury management approach to your workplace injuries!
Benefits of onsite Physiotherapy at your workplace:
We add value to your bottom line and deliver a significant return on investment by:
- Reducing musculoskeletal injuries and claims.
- Early invention and triage of workplace injuries – first response within 24 hours
- Immediate assessment, diagnosis and treatment of injuries
- Reducing lost time injuries (LTI’s)
- Reducing worker’s compensation claim and premium costs with claims open less frequently and for shorter periods.
- Improving productivity by having more staff onsite and working at full capacity.
- Improving productivity through reduced absenteeism and presenteeism.
- Reducing work time loss due to trips for treatment with offsite health providers.
- Reducing labour hire costs to induct and train new staff when others are injured.
- Reducing staff turnover costs and better staff retention through improved job satisfaction and workplace culture.
- Improving communication and relationships in the workplace.
- Increasing your control over remain-at-work and return-to-work processes and outcomes
- Increasing your control over costs associated with workplace injuries
- Improving employee morale and workplace culture
- Providing injury statistics that identify trends and areas of high risk or injury occurrence
- Opening lines of communication between all key parties to keep you informed of how your employee’s injuries are progressing
- Helping you to successfully manage ageing workforce issues.
Our proven systems and programs work!
Every industry and every business is unique in its work health and safety risks and challenges for injury management, so injury prevention and management requires a tailored approach. However, our vast experience in work health, across many industries, allows us to adapt our proven systems and programs for early intervention injury management and injury prevention to your business and your team. We work with you and your team to understand your business and develop and implement a comprehensive system for managing workplace health and safety risks and injuries. Our past experience includes implementation of an early intervention injury management model. This program delivered a 25% decrease in lost work time at one of South Australia’s largest employers, where advanced injury management systems and on-site health services had already existed for 20+ years.
Early intervention program
Early detection of injuries and immediate intervention gets results. Our onsite physiotherapy service facilitates early detection of injuries and immediate intervention. We provide treatment and advice in the first 24 hours following injury. This helps to minimise the duration and severity of strain or sprain type injuries and results in reduced lost time injuries, claims and costs.
We take a commercial approach
aim Physiotherapy and Work Health Solutions understands business and understands people. We take a commercial approach and what we do is transparent and measurable. If we are not having a positive impact on your bottom line, we would not expect to continue to be involved in your business. We form effective, professional relationships of trust with you and your workforce. We work closely with you and your suppliers to ensure a comprehensive and consistent approach to the implementation of systems and processes to help you sustain a healthy productive workforce.
Changing attitudes and culture
We are active in your workplace and work as a part of your team to create change and build your workplace health and safety culture. Familiarity with work processes and work teams builds relationships and opens effective communication for problem solving and negotiated solutions to sometimes complex problems.
We are relationships driven and responsive to your needs
We understand that health and safety initiatives don’t work unless your staff are engaged. Our team will listen to your needs and priorities and work with you to find effective solutions for every problem. We help you strike the right balance for success in injury prevention and management.
We are your business’ first line of defence
Rather than waiting for injuries to occur, we proactively engage with and train your staff to help reduce injuries and risks. Speak to us to find out more about how we can help.
We are your trusted partner
With many years of experience in complex work in environments, we are skilled in diagnosing problems, overcoming barriers and delivering consistent and comprehensive solutions to manage injuries and risk.
We don’t just treat injuries.
Our experience in healthcare and workplace injuries allows us to help you identify and mitigate health and injury risk. We prevent injuries and we help to prevent injuries becoming claims, through proactive early intervention strategies to resolve injuries, dissatisfaction, conflicts and other barriers to safe and productive work. Our early intervention approach helps prevent simple injuries becoming chronic pain problems and stuck cases. We do much more than just assess and treat your workplace injuries; our therapists conduct any of the following workplace health and safety services:
- Worksite Assessments
- Return to work planning and advice
- Injury prevention programs
- Manual Handling Risk Assessments
- Manual Handling training sessions
- Office Ergonomic Assessments and training sessions
- Onsite health and wellness programs
- Onsite exercise programs
- Workplace and safety culture assessment and development