From sports injuries to headaches, sprains and strains, many of us carry significant pain throughout our everyday lives. Resolving your issues – whether they’re big or small – involves more than treating symptoms.
At Aim Physiotherapy we will identify the cause of your problems, develop treatment programs, and invest in your education and self-management. Our physiotherapists offer expert advice, assessments, treatment and management for a wide range of patients around Adelaide.
What We Help You With
Physiotherapists assist patients from all walks of life and with a wide range of problems, from sports injuries to chronic pain. With more than 45 years helping people just like you, we can assist with issues including:
- Sports injuries
- Work injuries
- Vehicle accident injuries
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Sprains and strains
- Posture assessment and correction
- Independent mobility and living
- Falls prevention
- All musculoskeletal injuries and complaints
- Type II diabetes
- COPD – Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Chronic pain – including lower back pain treatment
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Our Holistic Assessment Process
Providing the treatment that helps you to get on with your life starts by understanding you and your symptoms. Our physiotherapy assessment helps to clarify diagnosis and develop treatments by taking into account individual preferences, lifestyle factors, and the treatment goals of the client and the therapist.
Our overall management of your problem involves:
- Listening to you to understand the background to your injury or problem
- Observing and assessing your movement and your overall physical condition
- Analysing and identifying your problems
- Providing education regarding the presenting problem or injury and possible solutions
- Developing a treatment program with you and, where appropriate, your family or carers and other members of the health care team
- Implementing and managing the treatment or training program based on your jointly agreed goals
- Evaluating progress, modifying treatment if necessary, and stopping treatment once goals have been reached
- Promoting and guiding self-management of chronic conditions
Physiotherapy treatment helps to alleviate symptoms and quickly restore movement, function and the resumption of usual activities, including work and sporting pursuits.
Our treatment modalities – or how we help you – are as varied as your injuries themselves. From ankle injuries to neck pain and lower back pain injuries to more chronic conditions, we have solutions to assist you. More than that though, our treatments are tailored to your specific needs to help you to achieve your goals. We can assist you through:
- Postural assessment and correction
- Education, training, advice, instruction
- Pain education and advice
- Ergonomics advice / training
- Manipulative therapy – spinal or peripheral joints
- Mobilisation of spinal or peripheral joints
- Massage therapy
- Myofascial release, Trigger Point therapy
- Exercise therapy: Home – Gym – Hydro – Pilates.[targeting mobility, strength, stability, endurance, balance, proprioception, stretching, falls prevention, spinal fitness, Core stability]
- Muscle balance / posture correction
- Activity modification
- Activity graduation
- Muscle re-education
- Gait re-education
- Taping, bracing, splinting, immobilisation
Sometimes injuries come with other complications, such as legal or employment issues. For further information about these, visit the links below.
To book your physiotherapy appointment or to learn more, call our friendly team on 08 8331 1557, contact us online, or visit us in Adelaide.